Published on April 24, 2013
Published on April 18, 2013
Published on April 11, 2013
Ant Control Tips For Spring
Published on May 03, 2012
The ants go marching one by one… into your house. As the spring weather starts to warm, it’s common for a Eugene pest control company to start getting more and more calls about these picnic-crashing and kitchen-invading pests. Instead of waiting for the ants to make an appearance in your home, take preventative action now.
To prevent ants from entering your home:
- Hire a Eugene pest control service to do a home pest inspection and show you the vulnerable spots in your house.
- Never leave food out in the open for extended periods.
- Eliminate sources of standing water, such as an unattended indoor leak.
- Use lidded trashcans.
- Go over ant trails with water and a mild dish detergent.
- Keep your yard nicely manicured.
- Eliminate piles of leaves and yard waste, as those are the perfect areas for ants to nest.
- Trim back tree branches that overhang your home.
- Avoid using mulch or a ground cover around the foundation of your home.
- Seal any cracks along the exterior walls of your home.
If you do find yourself with an ant invasion, call a Eugene pest control company to help you take care of the problem. Choose a Eugene pest control service that is committed to using the safest methods to help you with your ant problems.