Published on May 28, 2013
Published on May 21, 2013
Published on May 14, 2013
EPA Accepts New Member Into Environmental Stewardship Program
Published on December 20, 2010
Eden Advanced Pest Technologies has been accepted into Bronze level membership of the EPA’s Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP). The PESP is a voluntary program that forms partnerships with pesticide users to reduce the potential health and environmental risks associated with pesticide use and implement pollution prevention strategies.
As a Bronze member, Eden Advanced Pest Technologies is required to maintain an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategy and report annually on progress and demonstrate measurable improvement, appoint an IPM leader, and remain free of pesticide regulatory violations for two years. If the organization maintains this good standing for one year, they are eligible to apply for Silver PESP membership.
“At Eden Advanced Pest Technologies, we firmly believe that we are protectors of public health and property. We take very seriously our role as environmental stewards and seek to find ways to perform the highest level of pest management/prevention using Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methods,” said Cody Pace, A.C.E. / IPM Consultant of Eden Advanced Pest Technologies. “We understand and appreciate the important role that pesticides play in allowing us to accomplish our mandate of protecting public health and property.”
According to Pace, the company’s vision for its pesticide risk reduction program includes:
- Reduction in broadcast bait/granular applications and the elimination of all broadcast spraying.
- Eliminating the use of all chemicals with a label higher than a “caution” label.
- Reducing the dependency on chemicals labeled “caution” by utilizing chemicals derived from essential plant oils that are categorized under the G.R.A.S. (Generally Regarded as Safe) category.
- Utilizing sanitation and environmental/structural modification on all accounts.
- Create a training and education program for our clients’ employees to educate them on the things they can do to reduce insect populations and therefore the need for pesticide application.
- Creating the most highly trained and skilled technicians through constant and in depth training in all aspects of the industry with a focus on inspection, identification, exclusion, proper use of “Green” pesticides and monitoring.
- Reduce the use of toxic rodenticide baits by utilizing new emerging technologies, including monitoring stations, glue boards and traps.
Established in 1994, the Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) is an EPA partnership program that works with the nation's pesticide-user community to promote Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices. PESP is guided by the principle that partnership programs complement the standards and decisions established by regulatory and registration actions. To learn more visit: http://www.epa.gov/pesp/pesp/index.html
Eden Advanced Pest Technologies is a family owned and operated Integrated Pest Management company, serving Western Washington and Oregon with sustainable pest control solutions since 1986. To learn more visit: http://www.edenpest.com.